About Ludlow Co-op Elevator Company
On the afternoon of January 7, 1904, eighty-three farmers from the area around the small community of Ludlow, Illinois came together and pledged six thousand dollars to found a local farmer-owned grain elevator company to serve their agricultural needs and provide a grain marketing link between themselves and the world.
Ludlow Cooperative Elevator Company provided those needed facilities and services, has kept up with the changes and growth in agriculture, and has returned profits to its farmer-owners. It continues to do so today and will into the future.
Ludlow Cooperative Elevator Company has eleven locations to serve our farmer-owners in Illinois: Alonzo, Bryce, Buckley, Danforth, Fountain Creek, Goodwine, La Hogue, Ludlow, Paxton, Perdueville, and Piper City.
Ludlow Cooperative Elevator Company:
- Has served our customers and communities since 1904.
- Is a locally owned cooperative, owned by the farmers we serve.
- Serves as an essential link between the farmer and the agricultural needs of America and the world, helping to provide a safe and abundant food supply, and agricultural inputs for essential energy and industrial products, when and where they are needed.
- Provides essential grain storage, grain handling, and grain marketing services for those farmer customers.
- Provides safe, efficient, up-to-date facilities to meet those needs.
- Maximizes transportation efficiencies for our customers.
- Is a vital part of the economies of Champaign, Ford and Iroquois Counties in Illinois.
Our mission is to be a progressive farmer-owned cooperative with professional employees providing reliable, safe and efficient grain handling, marketing and other services.
Our vision is to be the preferred grain company in the area.
- Equitable treatment of members
- Preserve membership ownership and control
- Operate with honesty and integrity using sound financial policies and practices
- Focus on farmer needs and profit potential
- Train and retain knowledgeable, ethical and courteous employees
- Operate facilities in a safe and responsible manner
- Support the community