It’s time to start marketing for the 2023 New Crop utilizing the Average Price Contract.
The 20 weeks of pricing runs from February 8-June 21, 2023.
We Are Offering Ludlow Coop’s Average Pricing Program or You Can Pick Your Average Pricing Weeks
Average Price Contract
Helps you create a base for a marketing plan on your 2023 crop
- Price grain when average historical seasonal values are at their highest (January through June)
- Still leave a good portion of your grain to market (Recommend to commit no more than 20-35% of an average crop)
- A good way to help your landlords get some pricing done and take the emotion out of pricing grain
- Extends the producers marketing window, selling ahead instead of after harvest (19 months vs. 9 months).
Ludlow Coop’s Average Pricing Program (using our set weeks):
- Weekly pricing will be done at noon each Wednesday
- Pricing will run from February 8th through June 21st (20 weeks total).
- Your final price will be an average of these 20 weekly prices.
- Prices will be based on the December (CZ23) corn futures and November (SX23) bean Futures.
Contracts will be for fall 2023 delivery corn and soybeans. All you will need to do is let us know how many bushels you want to put into the program along with which Ludlow Coop location you will be delivering to and a purchase contract will be written when you sign up (No pricing on contract until the end of program).
There is no cost to the producer for this program.
Sign up by Tuesday, February 7th.
Contract must be signed & received by a Ludlow Coop Facility prior to the start date.
Patron’s Choice Average price contract (your choice of consecutive weeks):
*** patrons can choose your own pricing window ***
- Weekly pricing will be done at noon each Wednesday.
- YOU choose the pricing period between the dates of January 11, 2023 – August 30, 2023.
- Must be consecutive weeks – you choose the number of weeks, prior to contract start date.
- Prices will be based off December Corn futures (CZ23) and November Bean futures (SX23)
- Contracts will be for fall 2023 delivery corn and/or soybeans.
- Bushels to be stated prior to start of weekly pricing.
- There is no cost to the producer for this program.
- Contract must be signed & received by a Ludlow Coop facility prior to YOUR start date.
Be sure to give us your email address. Weekly pricing info will be emailed & final pricing and a copy of your contract updated with the average price will be mailed to you at the end of the programs.
Contact one of the Ludlow offices listed below for more information and to get signed up:
- Buckley (217) 394-2331
- Danforth (815) 269-2390
- Ludlow (217) 396-4111
- Piper City (815) 707-3347
- Paxton (217) 379-4366